[Lilug Planning] {Spam?} viability of creating a meetup page for lilug

Matt Surico surico at mail.buoy.com
Sun Dec 18 12:02:35 PST 2011

On 12/18/2011 02:47 PM, ~ ~ wrote:
> Hey all,
> I was speaking with one of the officers from Nylug recently and they
> had experimented with raising attendance levels at their meetings by
> publishing the event on meetup.com. Would this be something our group
> is opposed to? Nylug only tried this once and noticed a marked
> increase in attendance. They'll be trying this experiment again for
> their January meeting and see if it's repeatable. However if anyone
> has any objections we should probably get the discussion started now.
> Let me know your opinions.

I don't see any negatives to doing this (I doubt we'll suddenly get such
an influx of people that the room won't be able to hold us all!).  I
think it will go nicely with the increased focus on providing twelve
quality meetings each year.  Building up our average monthly attendance
should help increase our average monthly donations, which in turn should
help us be able to fund more speakers from the outside.

Good idea!

Matt S
LILUG Secretary