[Lilug Planning] Potential speaker.

Mike Costanzo quarsaw at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:43:34 PDT 2011

I'd like to bump this thread.

I'm still *very* interested in this talk and by no means is it too early to
plan for July.
J do you have any updates on this contact?
If he is too busy can he recommend another knowledgeable speaker?

As to speculating on how much a meeting about Bitcoin will devolve into a
flat-out argument, I'm not overly-worried.
I'd advise a speaker to prepare an outline that mainly covers the facts and
to take minimal questions during the body of the talk. Then when it is over
we can tear into the whole "is this good, bad, or BS" discussion. More
specifically, to split the discussion into 1) what is it, how does it work,
what is its current status, and 2) what are the implications.

I know we covered quite a bit informally at the last meeting but I think
there is still much to be said.

So is interest still alive among those on the planning list?

-Mike