[Lilug Planning] Dec 13th meeting topic(s)

Jesse Farinacci jieryn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:59:48 PST 2011

Greetings,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Matt Surico <surico at mail.buoy.com> wrote:
> I am going to post the names of all the
> people running for office on the wiki in the meeting announcement (even if
> it's only just the incumbents!) along with the meeting topic.

This doesn't seem right. Shouldn't it be announced that elections are
coming up and if you want to run for a particular office, then you
must submit your name and optional abstract/statement?

By restricting this to the planning list we're not going to get anyone
but the incumbents, if that.

Maybe I have misunderstood the calendar. I am reading this as that the
elections will be held at the next meeting. If this isn't the case, I
think at most we should announce are the general positions which
people can run for. Then say there is a deadline of a week or two to
submit a candidacy.

Either way, I think it is not a good idea to announce particular
candidates before everyone has had a chance to consider whether they
want to participate.

> So hopefully we can get the word out via web and email early for this
> meeting coming up, and as a general rule of thumb going forward :-)

I'm all for this!! Frankly, I was more than a little bummed out that I
forgot about the last meeting and didn't see a single word about it
beforehand.

-Jesse