[Lilug Planning] [Government] Lilug and Social Media

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Mon Dec 19 18:46:18 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM, odinson <odinson at warcloud.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Dec 2011, Mike Costanzo wrote6:
>
>        Social media stuff is a great thing for a group.  All the problems
> with it are privacy oriented.  A group like LILUG doesn't doesn't have real
> privacy, and can only benifit, IMO.

+1

I believe you create a 'page' here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

>> LinkedIn?     -> A group exists owned by Eitan Adler (Do I know who that
>> is?)
> Eitan Adler - member.  been to a couple of main meetings.  Also been to a
> dozen sisig meetings.   Eitan Adler <eitan.adler at gmail.com>

That email is outdated: use eitan at eitanadler.com. I'm also 'variable' on IRC.
I'd be happy to give the LinkedIn group to whomever wants to be
responsible for it. I'd also be happy to watch the the group myself,
whichever is easier.

>> Diaspora?    -> +1 for Openness, otherwise..dunno

Does anyone use it?

>> Google+      -> I just created a profile for the heck of it (see below)

+1

>> So we have a gmail  and G+ account: lilug.org at gmail.com (a little
>> confusing) whose 'name' is Lilug dotorg.

>        Lets set up LILUG pointers/info where we can.  Hope that helps.

Is lilug registered with freenode as an official group? If not I'd be
happy to go through that process for lilug.

--
Eitan Adler