[Lilug Planning] Dec 13th meeting topic(s)

Jesse Farinacci jieryn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 13:42:52 PST 2011

Greetings,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Matt Surico <surico at mail.buoy.com> wrote:
> The procedure which we've followed since LILUG's inception is that there is
> a call for nominations in November, and at the Nov meeting, people are
> nominated.
>
> The election happens in December.

That's fine, but there was absolutely NO communication of this. There
wasn't even communication that the meeting was going to happen. Since
this was a mistake, I don't think it is reasonable to blindly follow
the policy to the letter. We made a mistake, and we should correct it.

> We "goofed" by not announcing that we were taking nominations in November,
> but we've also been lulled into the situation that every year we rarely get
> any nominations other than the incumbents.

Well, I for one am not happy with how things have been run this year.
I would have taken the opportunity to question what changes will be
made by the people who are going to be running the organization. If I
was unhappy with those answers, then I would nominate myself.

But because of the characteristically bad communication this year I
missed the opportunity.

> And all the people whose names will be on the announcement for the meeting
> have already been nominated at the November meeting.

So there is no more avenue for discussion and nomination? Your
original email suggested that the nominations had closed.

-Jesse