[Lilug Planning] wiki account creation

Mark Drago markdrago at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 06:55:38 PST 2012

Jesse,

You can get at some of this data straight from mediawiki:

http://lilug.org/wiki/Special:Log
http://lilug.org/wiki/Special:ActiveUsers
http://lilug.org/w/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&days=30

It's not exactly what you asked for, but it tells a similar story.
There were a lot of spam posts which have now stopped entirely,
otherwise there's somewhere between 5 and 10 edits a month.

I'm all for using something besides a wiki.  The reason we setup the
wiki originally was to make it easy for any member to update the site.
 This was because we were having a problem where there was only 1 or 2
people that had access to edit the site and the site easily fell out
of date and members complained.  Having the wiki there turned the
problem on its head, because rather than complaining that the site was
out of date, the motivated member could actually update it.  That's
what I like about the wiki.  Github pages would probably provide the
same thing and if someone's up for doing the switch I'll do what I can
to assist them.

Mark.